Because we know that release from prison can be a challenging time and you will have many issues to deal with – including housing, employment and re-connecting with family - we provide specialist ‘Through the Gate’ (TTG) Information Advice and Guidance (IAG), advocacy and practical support to students. We offer proactive support to help you succeed.
- bespoke training in digital literacy skills
- advice about accommodation and funding
- options for access to student accommodation on campus, subject to appropriate risk assessment and probation approval
See our full menu of support which includes covers three key areas of support enabling you to :
- Get Started
- Basic digital skills
- Online security
- How to manage the disclosure process
- Get Working
- Prepare a positive CV
- Advice on self-employment
- Interview skills
- Get Studying
- Applications and Admissions
- Student finance
- Digital skills for studying
- Earn while you learn - apprenticeships
Our support is flexible and will be tailored to meet your individual needs and goals.
Our partner agency, Ex-seed Recruitment, offers specialist support to people with convictions and will work with students throughout their degrees to help them find routes into suitable employment.
Our support after release will focus primarily on successful completion of the qualification but we also track employment outcomes and seek to promote student success through sharing of case studies and research findings.